Storybook Favorites: Indian Epics Edition

Hey everyone,

In this post, I will be giving my thoughts on three past Indian Epics storybooks!

Storybook #1: Super Ramayana Bros

From the start, this storybook caught my attention because I have played Super Mario Bros many times, and I grew up playing other Nintendo videogames as well. Thus, the title really helped me know what this storybook would be covering in general. I think it is super creative to incorporate characters from Indian Epics to replace Mario, Luigi, Princess Peach, Bowser, and others while still keeping the main theme/items from the videogame. The Introduction serves its purpose well: it sets the stage for the kidnapping of Princess Peach (Sita), and the subsequent rescue quest by brothers Mario and Luigi (Rama and Lakshmana), just like in the original videogame. It also includes some creative references to the original gameplay, such as being able to collect coins from defeated enemies by jumping on top of their heads.

Below is an image of a Nintendo GameCube, the first videogame console that I ever owned as a kid and one that can be used to play various Mario videogames:

(Image Info: Game Cube by Alphathon, no changes; Source: Wikimedia; License: here)


Storybook #2: RBA: Ramayana Basketball Association

The title of this storybook also caught my eye because I have been a fan of the Dallas Mavericks for most of my life, so I am familiar with the NBA. Upon reading the Introduction, I was amused to see the creative adaptation of LeBron James to LeRama James. I know parts of LeBron's real-life story, such as his start in Cleveland, but this storybook was still very educational in its description of LeBron's journey in the NBA through the lens of Indian characters. I liked the professional design of the site, with large, dramatic photos of the NBA players along with the colorful NBA logo.

Storybook #3: CSI: Indian Epics

I am not really a big crime TV show fan, but I thought this storybook would be intriguing to read. The design of this storybook fit the crime theme well with the traditional yellow notepad background. The Introduction works well to keep readers' attention because it automatically has a mysterious feel, and everyone likes a good mystery. Even the writing style for each victim, which mimics a crime report, helps add to the mysterious appeal. The website looked older than the other two, but that may be because it truly was older, or perhaps it was an intentional choice. In any case, I liked it a lot!

Comments

Popular Posts